Monday, September 26, 2011

Mobile Blog - Day 2 - Malcesine & Limone

Sounds like a drink, Malcesine and Limone, no? Actually just a continuing photo blog of Malcesine and also the town 20 minutes across the lake, Limone.

Speaking of drinks though, yesterday I posted a photo with two glasses of orange-colored liquid. Meet the Aperol Spritz. My new favorite afternoon drink. Well anytime drink. I saw people having this at 10:00.

Maybe I had too many yesterday, so I apologize if you had trouble accessing the blog from the email. (You can also access the blog from Facebook, I'm listed under roger.williams@rcn.com) I was so excited about doing a mobile blog that I wasn't sure how to handle the issues of using an iPad. Hopefully I will work out all of the details in the next 2 weeks.

As Lucy and Noemi couldn't make this trip, I have promised a daily update with pictures. So you all benefit.

My description of this apartment was inadequate so here are some photos to visually describe our living situation.

To give you a sense of where this is relative to the mountains and town I think this picture will give you a good idea.

This view is from the lake. The old town of Malcesine is to the right, and our house is somewhere back on the hill and to the left of the Castello Scaligero. We haven't been to the Castello yet because it is up a hill. Peter doesn't like hills, let alone walking too much. So I try an choose activites that don't tax him too much.

Today's activity was the boat to Limone and return. For your viewing pleasure I submit the following:

We had lunch here. Menza-menza. But my Aperol Spritz was buono.

And finally the boat to take us home.

Last night we had lake trout for dinner with a view overlooking the lake. The last photo on yesterday's blog was of the mountains across the lake. I thought the colors were beautiful. But tonight the camera stays home. We are going out for pizza and maybe another Spritz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, your words and photos leave me wanting to visit and stay a while! Can't wait until tomorrow's post! EJ